Sunday, December 1, 2013

I love you no matter what


This week we were driving in the car singing with the radio.  When the song was over I asked the kids, “What does unconditional mean?”  They looked a little confused and weren’t quite sure. I told them “It means I love you no matter what.”  They paused for a moment and then began singing the next song.  Maybe not the exact reaction I was hoping for, but it’s a start to a conversation that we can continue to have the next time we hear the song.

Thanksgiving week is one of the few weeks in the year that we actually slow down enough to be grateful for what and who we have in our lives.  Throughout the week you go through a wide range of emotions: the obvious thankfulness, the sadness over missing someone no longer here, the happiness of catching up with someone you haven’t seen and the disappointment you feel on Sunday knowing it’s all coming to an end.  The common thread through all of these emotions is love.

Tomorrow we go back to our weekly routine.  We also start to plan and prepare for the next holiday, which will add a little more stress and craziness than usual.  It will be easy to get wrapped up in it all.  But it’s also the perfect chance to show, or simply tell someone “I love you no matter what.”

Heart-FULLy yours, 

Kacey

1 comment:

  1. Kacey, its CJ. Please email me, I don't seem to have the right email address for you anymore! Love your blog. :-) HB!

    ReplyDelete