Saturday, July 12, 2014

psssttt

What was that?  I’m not sure, but I do know that I have a terrible case of writer’s block.  I’ve already missed one week because I couldn’t decide on a topic and so I’ve really got to buckle down and get serious.  But what am I supposed to write about?  The 4th of July, independence – I could write a whole book on independence, kid’s independence, my independence, financial independence.  What about fireworks – beautiful but explosive – Katy Perry – psssttt – fire – anger – summer – memories…..  Nope, none of those are going to work.   Kids, not another one on mean girls, that situation actually has gotten a little bit better.  Nothing really exciting stood out this week.  Is it too early to talk about back to school?  We’ve only got one week left – where did the summer go psssttt?  How about sharing a couple quotes and writing about one of those?

“Happiness is a choice, we are the ones who put conditions on it.  If you are starving, do you get picky about the kind of food you are offered to eat?” – Michael Singer, The Untethered Soul

Or what about this one:

“Anger is a powerful stimulant, seducing us to believe we are strong and in control.  Paradoxically, when we are in the grip of anger, we are anything but in control.”  Dr. Shefali Tsabary, The Conscious Parent

Those are definitely two of my new favorite quotes that will really make you think, psssttt, but……..no, I just don’t think they’re the right topic either.  Hmmm, some weeks it comes so easily and others it just doesn’t, I just don’t get it………

PSSSTTT!!!!!

All right, all right, you have my attention.  “You” is that voice in your head.  Your conscious.  Your gut.  Gabrielle Berstein calls it your “~ing” or your inner guide.  Oprah sometimes refers to them as the “whispers”.  Regardless of the name you call it, we all have it.  Sometimes it’s a voice.  Sometimes it’s a feeling.  It’s easy to ignore for a little while, but if it’s important it won’t go away.  It’s often described as that “gnawing” feeling.  It will keep after you until you give it your attention.  That’s step one, listening to what it’s trying to tell you.  Then step two, what do you do about it?  Do you continue to ignore it?  Or do you go with it, no matter how scary or irrational it might seem?  Or do you the opposite, only to end up right back where you started?

Trust your gut, it’s trying to tell you something. Are you listening?

Heart-FULLy yours, 

Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment