Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Big 5-0

This week marks one year since I started this blog!  (I’m not sure if it’s a birthday or an anniversary?)  This is my 50th post, so yes, I did miss two posts in the year, but, wow, 50 posts!  That's something to celebrate, so I’m going to take a minute to do just that.  Last year I set a goal for myself that I would post one blog a week.  It hasn't always been easy.  I've faced many, many days where I didn't know what to write or where I thought what I did write was boring and uninteresting.  But I stuck with it, you stuck with me and I appreciate that from the bottom of my heart.  It has been a fantastic experience and I’m just getting started!  

What did you think of that?  Was it too ego-centric of me to take time to congratulate myself publicly on coming really close to accomplishing my goal?  Why can’t we be proud of ourselves when we accomplish something that is important to us?  Why is that pride so often perceived as arrogance? 

When was the last time you patted yourself on the back for something you accomplished?  My guess is that at the end of most days you think about all the things you didn’t get done, rather than acknowledging all the things that you did get done.  You take time to praise your kids, friends, co-workers and even strangers who hold the door for you, but do you ever recognize you? Give yourself credit.  Appreciate your accomplishments no matter how big or how small.  And sometimes you may not reach your exact goal, but don’t use that as the reason you give up.  Appreciate how much you were able to accomplish, build on that and keep going.

Thank YOU for your encouragement, your comments and most of all for reading my random weekly thoughts.  Cheers to the next 50 posts!

Heart-FULLy yours,  

Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment